National Food Service Bristol – Director Application Information
The vision of the National Food Service (NFS) is a world free from food insecurity, social inequality, social isolation and food waste. Our mission is to create safe community spaces where food is freely offered as a public service. Working on the principal of solidarity, rather than charity, we want to help build resilient communities where food and company are shared. We are a Community Interest Company – basically a non-profit, run on cooperative principals for the benefit of the community.
We are looking to expand our team or directors. The directorship is a voluntary, unpaid role.
At present, the work of the directors consists of:
- Helping to develop the strategy of the organisation
- Working to deliver the organisational strategy
- Being a liaison between ourselves and other organisations
- Being a liaison between ourselves and the national NFS network
- Representing NFS and NFS Bristol in meetings and at events about NFS
What we are looking for:
- Someone who believes in the ideals of NFS – solidarity not charity, user-lead work, a commitment to cooperative decision making.
- Someone with the time to commit to being involved in this project for at least a year.
- Someone who believes in the benefits of social eating and wants to create opportunities for this in the city.
- Someone with ideas about what NFS Bristol could be doing and how it could develop.
- Specifically, if you have skills in accounting or financial management we would be very keen to add some more of these skills into team.
The commitment will be to attending fortnightly 90-minute meetings, and to carry out whatever tasks you take on in the course of those meetings (estimated at 2-3 hours work per week).
Closing Date: Thursday, 30 September, 2021 – 15:00How to Apply:
Please briefly explain:
- Why are you interested in becoming a director?
- Where would you like to see NFS Bristol in a year’s time?
- What skills and experience can you bring that you think will be useful to the team?
If you want to send a CV or any other information that would be fine too. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be written or recorded.